1. Identify your skin type. The most important aspect of beauty is your skin – think of it as a canvas that, when clean and healthy, is the foundation for your overall appearance. The first step in properly caring for your skin is to identify what type of skin you have. This will ensure that you’re purchasing the correct products for your needs. If you have flaky skin that tends to crack no matter what the season, you most likely veer towards dry skin. Your products will include special moisturizers and gentle ingredients to lock in natural oils.
Skincare and Beauty
There seem to be two main skincare concerns as we enter our 40’s and beyond… wrinkles and sagging skin.
The four main reasons why wrinkles and sagging occur:
1. Sun damage to the outer layer of skin (epidermis and dermis).
2. Loss of soft tissue fullness and other structural support UNDER the skin.
3. Repetitive facial movements such as frowning, smiling, smoking, laughing and even drinking through a straw.
4. Poor general health habits, such as improper nutrition, smoking and limited exercise.
One of the most common questions asked of an esthetician is, what does a facial do for me? Simple answer, plenty.
We all have professionals that we trust; our hairstylist, our mechanic, our handyman. We trust that as professionals, they have done the research and have the knowledge and experience to deliver a higher quality of service than we could do ourselves. Sure you can cut your own hair and fix your own engine-but would you?